Old street name reused
James Heaton
2020-12-30 20:55:35 UTC
Did you notice 'Will's stepdad' gave his address as 19 Hammond Road?

Wonder if he lived there in late 80s/early 90s - who would he have has as a
neighbour during that time?

5 points available if you can name all 5 major character who lived in
Hammond Rd - and a gold star if you can name the 6th minor character.

As a clue - 4 of the 6 named have appeared in the last 5 yrs

James
kat
2020-12-31 12:18:31 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Did you notice 'Will's stepdad' gave his address as 19 Hammond Road?
Wonder if he lived there in late 80s/early 90s - who would he have has as a
neighbour during that time?
5 points available if you can name all 5 major character who lived in Hammond Rd
- and a gold star if you can name the 6th minor character.
As a clue - 4 of the 6 named have appeared in the last 5 yrs
James
Well, I can, thanks to Google. :-) I had forgotten where they lived before they
moved into th epresent house.

Gail, Brian ( Tilsley), Nick, Sarah, David, and Martin ( Platt).

Which one would you call "minor"?
--
kat
^..^<
James Heaton
2020-12-31 19:29:02 UTC
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
Did you notice 'Will's stepdad' gave his address as 19 Hammond Road?
Wonder if he lived there in late 80s/early 90s - who would he have has as
a neighbour during that time?
5 points available if you can name all 5 major character who lived in
Hammond Rd - and a gold star if you can name the 6th minor character.
As a clue - 4 of the 6 named have appeared in the last 5 yrs
James
Well, I can, thanks to Google. :-) I had forgotten where they lived before
they moved into th epresent house.
Gail, Brian ( Tilsley), Nick, Sarah, David, and Martin ( Platt).
Which one would you call "minor"?
Ah - forgot David was born there.

So it's 7 characters, 6 major 1 minor, 5 of the 7 have appeared in the last
5 yrs.

Gail, Nick, Sarah, David - major and regular in past 5yrs
Martin - major and short appearance in past 5yrs
Brian - major

And the minor character - she was a neighbour... and I couldn't remember her
name, I was hoping someone would recall her...

Just taken me thick end of 10min to find her looking through old episodes...

Ok - it's Pauline Lofthouse, sometimes credited Loftus, played by Judy
Hawkins, and only 8 appearances (I'd have guessed about 25)

James
kat
2021-01-01 09:47:01 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
[...]
I must admit to having completely forgotten all about her, so minor was she!
of course, it is a long time ago now, David has just turned 30. And Jack
himself is days away from 33 having played David for almost 20 years. So he
must have been 13 looking 10 when he started, because I recall he did look about
right at the time. I was well up on boys at the time, my son is in his late
30s, and some 13 year olds in his school year had looked 10 and others 18. :-)
--
kat
Post by James Heaton
^..^<