Social distancing
Lucretia Borgia
2021-10-28 22:42:05 UTC
Abby came home tonight, so glad they have eased the regs and she could
hug them, that would have looked strange if she didn't lol
Lucretia Borgia
2021-10-29 13:29:19 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Abby came home tonight, so glad they have eased the regs and she could
hug them, that would have looked strange if she didn't lol
It wasn't really an easing of regulations, we don't currently have so much of
those ( not that I could tell you what we had when they actually filmed). It
was more a lot of effort put into making it possible within them while keeping
people safe.
There's a bit about it here - over 70 close contact cohorts!
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a37890973/coronation-street-will-mellor-georgia-taylor-social-distancing/
But yes, it was needed for those scenes or they just wouldn't look right.
Very interesting article, thanks.
kat
2021-10-29 19:58:45 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Abby came home tonight, so glad they have eased the regs and she could
hug them, that would have looked strange if she didn't lol
It wasn't really an easing of regulations, we don't currently have so much of
those ( not that I could tell you what we had when they actually filmed). It
was more a lot of effort put into making it possible within them while keeping
people safe.
There's a bit about it here - over 70 close contact cohorts!
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a37890973/coronation-street-will-mellor-georgia-taylor-social-distancing/
But yes, it was needed for those scenes or they just wouldn't look right.
Very interesting article, thanks.
It is, and you have lots of close contact to come.

Covid has made filming difficult. I have a daughter who is a TV Production
Manager. She doesn't work on dramas but more on documentaries, and getting the
crew and the talent to the right places within the various restrictions has been
fun... :-)
--
kat
^..^<
Lucretia Borgia
2021-10-30 13:51:15 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by Lucretia Borgia
[...]
I can imagine, expect she is glad things are more normal, I know I am!
My bridge club re-opened and although it was scary trying to remember
all the ins and outs, the brain felt much better for a few games. We
have to wear masks and show proof of double vax but nobody minds that!
Things are easing, but she recently finished a show which involved travel for
crew and presenter to Iceland*, and is currently working on another travelogue
thought I don't know the details. Different countries, different rules!
*"Iceland with Alexander Armstrong" if you ever get a chance to see it, it's
rather interesting.
Will watch for that on firestick and netflix etc. Will remember the
title as my family is loaded with Alexanders :)

My daughter and I stopped off in Iceland for a week back when we could
fly Air Iceland Heathrow to Halifax. It was interesting, they are
different people that's for sure. We took a ride on Icelandic Ponies
and enjoyed the Blue Lagoon - that was actually a pond by a big
thermal power station! We were sitting basking in the water when a
nearby American made some comment and we suggested to him they missed
the boat by not doing the same at Three Mile Island lol

They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.
kat
2021-10-30 15:19:38 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by Lucretia Borgia
[...]
On the ponies did you try that move between walk and trot? Looks weird!
Post by Lucretia Borgia
They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.
Have to import most stuff, apart from fish, I guess.
--
kat
^..^<
Lucretia Borgia
2021-10-31 11:44:20 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by Lucretia Borgia
[...]
I felt they were close akin to the Dartmoor pony, but did carefully
refer to 'horse' at the time as they are a bit sensitive about that!
It bothered my daughter but not so much me as I have always done a
sitting trot.
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.
Have to import most stuff, apart from fish, I guess.
Indeed and when we took a walk around the supermarket, we could see
that reflected in the prices there.
kat
2021-10-31 22:32:55 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
They didn't seem to have dogs and cats, mainly budgies. Possibly
because it would have been very expensive, nothing was inexpensive.
Have to import most stuff, apart from fish, I guess.
Indeed and when we took a walk around the supermarket, we could see
that reflected in the prices there.
That wasn't something that came out in the documentary, but it was fairly
obvious there isn't a lot of farming, aside from sheep.
What we did see was volcanos from above, Alexander in a pool with whales, and an
"explicit" museum. Among other things of course. :-)
Yes, volcanos were greatly in evidence, we took a trip to the village
where half of it was submerged in lava with houses still sticking out
of it, really emphasized the danger.
That was also in the tv show.
Also in that area, our driver diverted and showed us the huge pen
where they had put Willy of Free Willy fame. It hadn't worked, he was
too used to humans and kept bugging the fishermen, so they decided he
would feel more at home in a pen. Seemed super sad to me, in a way it
would have been better had he remained where he was as it was the only
way of life he knew.
talking of food, did you try the local delicacies of sheeps eyes and fermented
shark? :-)
--
kat
^..^<