Return of older and younger actors
MartinS
2020-10-11 23:31:28 UTC
I guess some of the pandemic restrictions on actors over 70 or under 16 are
being eased, or were when current Corrie was filmed. First Eileen and
Yasmeen reappeared, then Roy and Evelyn, as well as a new person claiming
to be Todd Grimshaw. (Apparently, all photos in Eileen's house depicting
Bruno Langley as Todd have been photoshopped with the new actor's face.)
We've also been introduced to Nick's retconned son, Sam, played by 9-year-
old Jude Riordan from Enzo-land.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/18724796.rising-star-jude-9-lands-role-
coronation-street/

Sue Cleaver (Eileen) is only 57, but apparently suffers from IBS/IBD
(Google it if necessary). Drugs used to treat it can weaken your immune
system and put you at higher risk of complications if you catch COVID-19.

Hopefully we'll soon see the return of Rita, Ken, Norris, Audrey, as well
as Max, Lily, Hope, Ruby, Jake, Jack, Joseph, Liam, Bertie, Harry, Aled,
Bryn, Carys and Llio, and anyone else I've forgotten. We've seen a few
shots of Oliver on a ventilator in Weatherfield General, most likely still
photos taken off-set. We don't yet know if he'll be returning. :(

Martin S
kat
2020-10-12 07:50:18 UTC
Post by MartinS
I guess some of the pandemic restrictions on actors over 70 or under 16 are
being eased, or were when current Corrie was filmed. First Eileen and
Yasmeen reappeared, then Roy and Evelyn, as well as a new person claiming
to be Todd Grimshaw. (Apparently, all photos in Eileen's house depicting
Bruno Langley as Todd have been photoshopped with the new actor's face.)
They didn't manage/forgot to do it with Aadi. ;-)
Post by MartinS
We've also been introduced to Nick's retconned son, Sam, played by 9-year-
old Jude Riordan from Enzo-land.
https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/18724796.rising-star-jude-9-lands-role-
coronation-street/
Sue Cleaver (Eileen) is only 57, but apparently suffers from IBS/IBD
(Google it if necessary). Drugs used to treat it can weaken your immune
system and put you at higher risk of complications if you catch COVID-19.
Hopefully we'll soon see the return of Rita, Ken, Norris, Audrey, as well
as Max, Lily, Hope, Ruby, Jake, Jack, Joseph, Liam, Bertie, Harry, Aled,
Bryn, Carys and Llio, and anyone else I've forgotten. We've seen a few
shots of Oliver on a ventilator in Weatherfield General, most likely still
photos taken off-set. We don't yet know if he'll be returning. :(
Martin S
I think anything of Oliver in bed is either footage from previous times of him
being in hospital, or - as Simon Gregson has said - a doll. ( he has found it
very emotional reading stories to "Oliver" then going home to read to his own)

There was never any reason why the children couldn't be there apart from the
fact they need chaperones and that's a whole lot of extra people on set. And
the more people the more risk. It would be nice to see some more children
back, but I doubt we will see a lot of them for a while.
--
kat
Post by MartinS
^..^<