evelyn
Dubcek
2021-05-24 21:58:35 UTC
In tonight's episode why did Evelyn call Tyrone an adulterer?
He's not married to Fiz and as far as I've seen common law
relationships in England are not recognised as a marriage.
kat
2021-05-25 07:21:33 UTC
Post by Dubcek
In tonight's episode why did Evelyn call Tyrone an adulterer?
He's not married to Fiz and as far as I've seen common law
relationships in England are not recognised as a marriage.
What would you have called him? Adulterer is a simple way to describe it if not
entirely correct.

Fiz and Tyrone were engaged, and Fiz was planning the wedding; he was certainly
unfaithful. And when people have been living together as long as those two I
would think most people see them as "married", the ceremony Fiz planned just
being the legal bit, because as you say, there is no legal recognition of a
common law marriage in the UK.
--
kat
^..^<
GordonD
2021-05-26 11:57:55 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Dubcek
In tonight's episode why did Evelyn call Tyrone an adulterer?
He's not married to Fiz and as far as I've seen common law
relationships in England are not recognised as a marriage.
What would you have called him? Adulterer is a simple way to describe it
if not entirely correct.
Fiz and Tyrone were engaged, and Fiz was planning the wedding; he was
certainly unfaithful.  And  when people have been living together as
long as those two I would think most people see them as "married", the
ceremony Fiz planned just being the legal bit, because as you say, there
is no legal recognition of a common law marriage in the UK.
Evelyn has never been one to let facts get in the way when she's
speaking her mind.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland