prediction Tyrone and Alina
capricorn40
2021-05-27 08:52:42 UTC
This is starting to become extremely cringy.
I'm not seeing a happily ever after for these two.

I'm thinking Alina may pull another disappearing act.
kat
2021-05-27 09:58:21 UTC
Post by capricorn40
This is starting to become extremely cringy.
I'm not seeing a happily ever after for these two.
I'm thinking Alina may pull another disappearing act.
It's definitely cringy! And it's soap - whoever has a happy ever after? Some
bright person once said that into every life a little rain must fall - but in
Corrie it's at least a thunder storm, if not a hurricane.

I don't know if Alina will disappear though, the actress seems quite happy with
the job at the moment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-streets-alina-actress-set-23944610
--
kat
^..^<
Lucretia Borgia
I wouldn't care if she did, that would teach Ty a sharp lesson!
kat
2021-05-27 20:27:59 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by capricorn40
This is starting to become extremely cringy.
I'm not seeing a happily ever after for these two.
I'm thinking Alina may pull another disappearing act.
It's definitely cringy! And it's soap - whoever has a happy ever after? Some
bright person once said that into every life a little rain must fall - but in
Corrie it's at least a thunder storm, if not a hurricane.
I don't know if Alina will disappear though, the actress seems quite happy with
the job at the moment.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-streets-alina-actress-set-23944610
I wouldn't care if she did, that would teach Ty a sharp lesson!
Maybe that's why her contract has been renewed... to teach him a lesson, but in
another way!
--
kat
^..^<
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
2021-06-02 16:25:46 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
I wouldn't care if she did, that would teach Ty a sharp lesson!
Perhaps Alina might start abusing Tyrone in a whole new way unlike
he has had in the past...

There was the physical abuse from Kirsty.

There was the psychological abuse from Fiz (someone brought this up here
shortly after Kirsty was out of the picture, and Fiz has demonstrated it
with the current plot once again).

What's next?
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"Unusual or extreme reactions to events caused by negligence
- Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, May 2008
Liz Denesiuk
Lucretia Borgia
2021-06-02 21:31:37 UTC
On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 14:05:21 -0700 (PDT), Liz Denesiuk
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by Lucretia Borgia
I wouldn't care if she did, that would teach Ty a sharp lesson!
Perhaps Alina might start abusing Tyrone in a whole new way unlike
he has had in the past...
There was the physical abuse from Kirsty.
Yes, I had forgotten that!
kat
2021-06-02 21:54:47 UTC
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by Lucretia Borgia
I wouldn't care if she did, that would teach Ty a sharp lesson!
Perhaps Alina might start abusing Tyrone in a whole new way unlike
he has had in the past...
There was the physical abuse from Kirsty.
There was the psychological abuse from Fiz (someone brought this up here
shortly after Kirsty was out of the picture, and Fiz has demonstrated it
with the current plot once again).
What's next?
Has Fiz abused him currently ( or so far, at least!)? She seems to be reacting
much as you might expect given he is the one who walked off with someone else.
She's hurt, and he's the one doing the hurting.
--
kat
^..^<
Lucretia Borgia
2021-06-02 23:58:29 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by Lucretia Borgia
I wouldn't care if she did, that would teach Ty a sharp lesson!
Perhaps Alina might start abusing Tyrone in a whole new way unlike
he has had in the past...
There was the physical abuse from Kirsty.
There was the psychological abuse from Fiz (someone brought this up here
shortly after Kirsty was out of the picture, and Fiz has demonstrated it
with the current plot once again).
What's next?
Has Fiz abused him currently ( or so far, at least!)? She seems to be reacting
much as you might expect given he is the one who walked off with someone else.
She's hurt, and he's the one doing the hurting.
I would agree with that - it would though, serve him right, if Alina
proved to be another Kirsty :-)
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
2021-06-09 23:25:32 UTC
Post by kat
Has Fiz abused him currently ( or so far, at least!)? She seems to be
reacting much as you might expect given he is the one who walked off
with someone else.
This did not begin when Ty started seeing Alina. It's been building
again for a while, and I suspect that the lack of berating he received
from Alina lead him to deeper feelings that got out of hand.
Post by kat
She's hurt, and he's the one doing the hurting.
Yes she's hurt, and it was his actions, but when it was just a kiss
her actions were fueled by a combination of her hurt and her natural
tendancy to berate him verbally. One minute she would say they have to
talk, then when he tries to talk it out, she was essentially saying
there's nothing that can be done to fix things.

One cannot expect to be that way and have things continue without some
substantial change, and Ty for once got some bollox and made the change.
kat
2021-06-10 07:41:35 UTC
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
Has Fiz abused him currently ( or so far, at least!)? She seems to be
reacting much as you might expect given he is the one who walked off
with someone else.
This did not begin when Ty started seeing Alina. It's been building
again for a while, and I suspect that the lack of berating he received
from Alina lead him to deeper feelings that got out of hand.
You mean he has been hen-pecked, like so many men. ;-)
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
She's hurt, and he's the one doing the hurting.
Yes she's hurt, and it was his actions, but when it was just a kiss
her actions were fueled by a combination of her hurt and her natural
tendancy to berate him verbally. One minute she would say they have to
talk, then when he tries to talk it out, she was essentially saying
there's nothing that can be done to fix things.
One cannot expect to be that way and have things continue without some
substantial change, and Ty for once got some bollox and made the change.
The wrong one as I suspect he will regret it eventually. Right now Alina has
got him doing exactly what she wants - via the bedroom. He could have used those
bollox to stand up to Fiz.

Don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't seen the latest episodes but Evelyn did a
good job of calming Fiz after the latest row, pity no-one is calming Tyrone.
There could have been a pause in hostilities.
--
kat
^..^<
Lucretia Borgia
Good for Evelyn that she doesn't automatically take Ty's side :-)
kat
2021-06-10 20:42:52 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
[...]
She certainly hasn't, and she didn't approve of what he said last night, but she
didn't support Fiz's reaction either which is why she talked her down. So Fiz
was going to talk to Tyrone but then discovered what he had done.
--
kat
^..^<
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
2021-06-15 00:04:45 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
Has Fiz abused him currently ( or so far, at least!)? She seems to be
reacting much as you might expect given he is the one who walked off
with someone else.
This did not begin when Ty started seeing Alina. It's been building
again for a while, and I suspect that the lack of berating he received
from Alina lead him to deeper feelings that got out of hand.
You mean he has been hen-pecked, like so many men. ;-)
Fiz goes way beyond hen-pecking.

It's all part of the character: keep picking at scabs all the while
saying you want it to heal. Combine that with the belief that she (not
to mention Hope as well) can do absolutely no wrong, and it's a perfect
soap situation to create great plotlines.
kat
2021-06-15 08:55:40 UTC
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
Has Fiz abused him currently ( or so far, at least!)? She seems to be
reacting much as you might expect given he is the one who walked off
with someone else.
This did not begin when Ty started seeing Alina. It's been building
again for a while, and I suspect that the lack of berating he received
from Alina lead him to deeper feelings that got out of hand.
You mean he has been hen-pecked, like so many men. ;-)
Fiz goes way beyond hen-pecking.
It's all part of the character: keep picking at scabs all the while
saying you want it to heal. Combine that with the belief that she (not
to mention Hope as well) can do absolutely no wrong, and it's a perfect
soap situation to create great plotlines.
Absolutely. :-)

But it still doesn't change the fact that Evelyn was calming her, thinking of
the kids while Alina was winding Tyrone up to fight. Fiz backed down.

If one didn't need to worry about the kids I would have sent Ruby to live with
Alina and see how she liked not being free. It's one thing sticking eyelashes on
for fun and another looking after a child 24/7. Even better, make her look
after Hope all the time. ;-)
--
kat
^..^<
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
2021-06-18 19:35:53 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Fiz goes way beyond hen-pecking.
It's all part of the character: keep picking at scabs all the while
saying you want it to heal. Combine that with the belief that she (not
to mention Hope as well) can do absolutely no wrong, and it's a perfect
soap situation to create great plotlines.
Absolutely. :-)
On Thursday's episode, Fiz made a comment to Maria about how communication
is important. My first reaction was, that's rich coming from her. Then it
appeared that she appears to be coming to the realization that she simply
cannot control every little detail of things.
Post by kat
But it still doesn't change the fact that Evelyn was calming her,
thinking of he kids while Alina was winding Tyrone up to fight.
Fiz backed down.
Evelyn's character has been rather impressive in this storyline. She
really has been calm and as neutral as possible. Not taking sides, and
not pulling punches when it comes to pointing out both Fiz's and
Tyrone's mistakes/faults. She really has taken a good objective view
of the situation.
Post by kat
If one didn't need to worry about the kids I would have sent Ruby to
live with Alina and see how she liked not being free. It's one thing
sticking eyelashes on for fun and another looking after a child 24/7.
Even better, make her look after Hope all the time. ;-)
That almost certainly would have changed the situation quickly enough.

Still, the writers have kept up with the manipulative personality of
Hope in this storyline. She knew quite well what would happen by getting
Alina to do the makeup/eyelashes.
kat
2021-06-18 20:20:30 UTC
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Fiz goes way beyond hen-pecking.
It's all part of the character: keep picking at scabs all the while
saying you want it to heal. Combine that with the belief that she (not
to mention Hope as well) can do absolutely no wrong, and it's a perfect
soap situation to create great plotlines.
Absolutely. :-)
On Thursday's episode, Fiz made a comment to Maria about how communication
is important. My first reaction was, that's rich coming from her. Then it
appeared that she appears to be coming to the realization that she simply
cannot control every little detail of things.
She also said that to Chesney, and I would imagine she has always been different
with her brother, and the timing of just having to think aboutit herself was good.
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
But it still doesn't change the fact that Evelyn was calming her,
thinking of he kids while Alina was winding Tyrone up to fight.
Fiz backed down.
Evelyn's character has been rather impressive in this storyline. She
really has been calm and as neutral as possible. Not taking sides, and
not pulling punches when it comes to pointing out both Fiz's and
Tyrone's mistakes/faults. She really has taken a good objective view
of the situation.
Including laughing at him. :-) But who could blame her.

The way Alina was ignoring his attempts at conversation against the amusement of
Maria and Fiz was fun to watch.
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by kat
If one didn't need to worry about the kids I would have sent Ruby to
live with Alina and see how she liked not being free. It's one thing
sticking eyelashes on for fun and another looking after a child 24/7.
Even better, make her look after Hope all the time. ;-)
That almost certainly would have changed the situation quickly enough.
Still, the writers have kept up with the manipulative personality of
Hope in this storyline. She knew quite well what would happen by getting
Alina to do the makeup/eyelashes.
She did. I think that child is having fun playing that part.
Nice to see her real brother as well last night. he doesn't get quite so much
fun though.
--
kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam