Happy Christmas to the group
Add Reply
kat
2021-12-24 22:09:13 UTC
Refuse to say 'Holidays' even though I am an atheist! Assorted kids,
grandchildren and greatgrandchildren coming tonight for seafood
chowder and mince pies.
I see the bit with Emma coming up but we have no more Corrie until
next week :(
Merry Christmas! 25th December is Christmas, regardless of personal beliefs.

The poor people in Soaps though they don't usually get a happy one. But there
was a rather nice surprise for Abi tonight.:-)
--
kat
^..^<
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
2022-01-04 13:40:11 UTC
Post by kat
Refuse to say 'Holidays' even though I am an atheist!
Merry Christmas! 25th December is Christmas, regardless of personal beliefs.
Absolutely!

I'm not Christian, so I celebrate the secular Christmas, not the
religious one. I make it a point to say that to some Christians I
know just because it bugs them. ;-)

Religious Christmas: Jesus in the manger, the wise men, etc.
Secular Christmas: Santa, Christmas Trees, etc.
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"Unusual or extreme reactions to events caused by negligence
- Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, May 2008
lucretia borgia
Seems to me the most apt description is 'commercial Christmas' lol
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
2022-01-04 22:39:23 UTC
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Religious Christmas: Jesus in the manger, the wise men, etc.
Secular Christmas: Santa, Christmas Trees, etc.
Seems to me the most apt description is 'commercial Christmas' lol
No argument from me on that! Though, I would say that 'commercial
Christmas' overlaps both. ;-)
kat
2022-01-07 20:54:50 UTC
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Religious Christmas: Jesus in the manger, the wise men, etc.
Secular Christmas: Santa, Christmas Trees, etc.
Seems to me the most apt description is 'commercial Christmas' lol
No argument from me on that! Though, I would say that 'commercial
Christmas' overlaps both. ;-)
Either way, and I know it is a bit late...Happy New Year!
--
kat
^..^<
Lucretia Borgia
2022-01-08 00:10:57 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Religious Christmas: Jesus in the manger, the wise men, etc.
Secular Christmas: Santa, Christmas Trees, etc.
Seems to me the most apt description is 'commercial Christmas' lol
No argument from me on that! Though, I would say that 'commercial
Christmas' overlaps both. ;-)
Either way, and I know it is a bit late...Happy New Year!
Lol we had a rotten day today. Okay til noon, then heavy snowfall,
thunder and lightning, then a four hour power cut. Completely freaked
my cat, she hates the former but couldn't understand the latter so
spent a couple of hours roaming round howling lol
kat
2022-01-08 13:05:32 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Religious Christmas: Jesus in the manger, the wise men, etc.
Secular Christmas: Santa, Christmas Trees, etc.
Seems to me the most apt description is 'commercial Christmas' lol
No argument from me on that! Though, I would say that 'commercial
Christmas' overlaps both. ;-)
Either way, and I know it is a bit late...Happy New Year!
Lol we had a rotten day today. Okay til noon, then heavy snowfall,
thunder and lightning, then a four hour power cut. Completely freaked
my cat, she hates the former but couldn't understand the latter so
spent a couple of hours roaming round howling lol
Can't say I blame her!
Where are you up to with the events in Corrie? Our showing times are all over
the place due to Christmas, New Year and Football.
--
kat
^..^<
Lucretia Borgia
2022-01-08 15:23:20 UTC
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Religious Christmas: Jesus in the manger, the wise men, etc.
Secular Christmas: Santa, Christmas Trees, etc.
Seems to me the most apt description is 'commercial Christmas' lol
No argument from me on that! Though, I would say that 'commercial
Christmas' overlaps both. ;-)
Either way, and I know it is a bit late...Happy New Year!
Lol we had a rotten day today. Okay til noon, then heavy snowfall,
thunder and lightning, then a four hour power cut. Completely freaked
my cat, she hates the former but couldn't understand the latter so
spent a couple of hours roaming round howling lol
Can't say I blame her!
Where are you up to with the events in Corrie? Our showing times are all over
the place due to Christmas, New Year and Football.
The wedding is just going wrong, I have another episode to watch
today! Thinking ahead, if the Olympics go forward then our sked will
be haywire during that :(
kat
2022-01-08 21:23:12 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by kat
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by Calvin Henry-Cotnam
[...]
Darn Sport! messes us up.:-) You will have some fun watching the fall out from
that wedding.
--
kat
Post by Lucretia Borgia