Coronation Street Weekly Update, October 17 2020
glenda.s...@gmail.com
2020-10-17 11:54:44 UTC
Corrie weekly updates from 1995
All the wit and warmth of Weatherfield,
None of the waffle - and all for just 99p
Available from https://amzn.to/2IUn7bt

Greetings and welcome to another week of words from Weatherfield. And without any further ado, here we go with this week’s Corrie.

There’s a lot of testosterone flying around in the back room at the Rovers Return. Scott’s been growling at Johnny all week about Ray Crosby and how much he hates him. In fact he hates him so much he wants to teach him a lesson and burgle him and the Bistro. Scott tries to pull Johnny into his madcap plan while eyeing up Jenny who’s lapping up flirty attention from Scott.

Over at Gary’s emporium of tat, he sacks Fiz when he can no longer afford to pay her after he finds out his rent’s being increased. He’s determined to get to the bottom of who owns the place and is surprised to discover it’s Ray Crosby. Gary digs deeper about Ray and discovers he’s already offered to buy the Platts’ house after the sink hole appeared. Then Ray offers Gary a substantial sum to sell him the factory but Gary declines and wonders what Ray is up to. He puts two and two together and demands to know why Ray is interested in buying the factory and the Platts’ house and goodness knows what else on the street. Ray plays his cards close to his chest for now but it’s clear that without the factory and the palace of the Platts’, whatever development plans he’s got for Weatherfield are scuppered. Gary tells Ray he’ll sell him the factory on two conditions. The first is that Gary demands almost half a million pounds for the factory and the second is that he is given all the contract work to knock the place down. The week’s episode ended with Gary waiting for Ray’s decision.

After Todd returned last week, Eileen’s under pressure to fake a funeral for her son so that hardman Mick (who turns out to be Todd’s ex-fella) won’t kill him. Mary and undertaker George go ahead with the farcical funeral but Eileen doesn’t play along. Evil Mick turns up and threatens Eileen and Todd with a gun. Now, I quite like evil Mick and his comedy sidekick, it’s been a while since we’re had Corrie comedy villains and these two almost fit the bill. But Gary sticks his nose into Todd’s business and ends up getting beaten up by the devilish duo.

Elsewhere this week, Evelyn and Arthur go on holiday to the Lake District where they sleep in separate caravans. But when they return, things are a little cool between them both. Evelyn tells Arthur next time they go away, he can share her caravan, hinting that they can grow closer, in the er, you know, bedroom department. But when Evelyn asks Dev for more time off from the shop to go on holiday with Arthur, Dev declines her request. When news of this reaches Arthur, he and Dev almost come to blows in the Bistro.

Meanwhile at the Platts’ house, Gail organises a delayed 80th birthday party for Audrey but it all goes very wrong. Shona invites a bunch of builders to the party, one of whom mistakes Gail for David’s grandmother in a very funny scene. Then Audrey doesn’t arrive and Shona’s left nursing a cake the size of Salford.

And that’s just about that for this week.

Remember, you can sign up to get these Corrie weekly updates by email at http://www.corrie.net/updates/weekly/subscribe.htm

This week’s writers were Mark Wadlow and Julie Jones (Monday); Simon Crowther and Steven Fay (Wednesday); Cameron McAllister (Friday). Find out all about the Coronation Street writing team at Coronation Street Blog: Exclusive: All Current Corrie writers online
http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-all-current-corrie-writers.html

Glenda Young
--
Blogging away merrily at Flaming Nora
Website: glendayoungbooks.com
MartinS
2020-10-18 19:48:40 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Elsewhere this week, Evelyn and Arthur go on holiday to the Lake District
where they sleep in separate caravans.

Actually, they only had one small caravan; Evelyn made Arthur sleep in a
tent on an air mattress loaned by Tyrone. Arthur pretended it sprang a leak
so he wouldn't have to spend another chilly night in the tent. It was fun
to see Evelyn begin to soften towards Arthur, who reacted by blushing. ;-)

I (and others) really appreciate your long-running weekly updates. Please
keep them going as long as possible, pet!
Martin S
kat
2020-10-18 20:55:51 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by ***@gmail.com
Elsewhere this week, Evelyn and Arthur go on holiday to the Lake District
where they sleep in separate caravans.
Actually, they only had one small caravan; Evelyn made Arthur sleep in a
tent on an air mattress loaned by Tyrone. Arthur pretended it sprang a leak
so he wouldn't have to spend another chilly night in the tent. It was fun
to see Evelyn begin to soften towards Arthur, who reacted by blushing. ;-)
I think she actually said a tent in the awning, slightly more protection but not
warmer!
Post by ***@gmail.com
I (and others) really appreciate your long-running weekly updates. Please
keep them going as long as possible, pet!
Absolutely.
--
kat
^..^<
GordonD
2020-10-21 12:43:39 UTC
Post by MartinS
I (and others) really appreciate your long-running weekly updates. Please
keep them going as long as possible, pet!
Agreed, I do enjoy reading them. You have such a wonderful turn of
phrase, Glenda - "Gary’s emporium of tat", indeed!
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland
kat
2020-10-21 20:15:50 UTC
Post by MartinS
I (and others) really appreciate your long-running weekly updates. Please
keep them going as long as possible, pet!
Agreed, I do enjoy reading them. You have such a wonderful turn of phrase,
Glenda - "Gary’s emporium of tat", indeed!
Just what it is!
--
kat
^..^<