S106
James Heaton
2021-01-04 21:17:49 UTC
Amazed to hear them mention S106 in the first episode

The housing aspects of these documents are basically my job!

And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got the
call about Dad.

James
kat
2021-01-04 22:50:18 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Amazed to hear them mention S106 in the first episode
The housing aspects of these documents are basically my job!
So it meant something to you - what is it? :-)
Post by James Heaton
And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got the call
about Dad.
James
And maybe the last for another few weeks?
--
kat
^..^<
James Heaton
2021-01-05 19:39:45 UTC
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
Amazed to hear them mention S106 in the first episode
The housing aspects of these documents are basically my job!
So it meant something to you - what is it? :-)
S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act covers the circumstances where an
authority can seek contributions on a development.

A document agreed under this - usually known as a 'S106' - outlines what the
development has to provide in terms of highways, affordable housing, open
space and recreation, education, health, and any other obligations. The
longest one I ever did, back in 2015 for a scheme that may not complete
before I retire in 2046, approached 500 pages and required an amazing amount
of things - for a new suburb to an existing town. The thing that always
amazes people is how little health ask for - they only ask for capital
funding as the revenue funding travels with the patient.
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got
the call about Dad.
James
And maybe the last for another few weeks?
I've only been into the office once since March! No, I've been off work
completely since the day before Dad died in late Sep - sorry thought I'd
mentioned on here, lost him and Mum in 12 days in the autumn. That's why
I've been a bit quiet. Been a bit all over the place really. Still so much
to do, house in Glamorgan so haven't been able to visit to start clearing -
when we're in a usable tier they aren't and vice versa - haven't even
collected the ashes yet.

James
Lucretia Borgia
2021-01-05 20:00:52 UTC
On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 19:39:45 -0000, "James Heaton"
Post by James Heaton
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got
the call about Dad.
James
And maybe the last for another few weeks?
I've only been into the office once since March! No, I've been off work
completely since the day before Dad died in late Sep - sorry thought I'd
mentioned on here, lost him and Mum in 12 days in the autumn. That's why
I've been a bit quiet. Been a bit all over the place really. Still so much
to do, house in Glamorgan so haven't been able to visit to start clearing -
when we're in a usable tier they aren't and vice versa - haven't even
collected the ashes yet.
James
Sorry to hear your news - Covid has certainly wreaked havoc on many
families.
kat
2021-01-05 22:48:09 UTC
Post by James Heaton
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
Amazed to hear them mention S106 in the first episode
The housing aspects of these documents are basically my job!
So it meant something to you - what is it? :-)
S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act covers the circumstances where an
authority can seek contributions on a development.
A document agreed under this - usually known as a 'S106' - outlines what the
development has to provide in terms of highways, affordable housing, open space
and recreation, education, health, and any other obligations.  The longest one I
ever did, back in 2015 for a scheme that may not complete before I retire in
2046, approached 500 pages and required an amazing amount of things - for a new
suburb to an existing town.  The thing that always amazes people is how little
health ask for - they only ask for capital funding as the revenue funding
travels with the patient.
Ah. I bet Ray won't be providing much of any of that!
Post by James Heaton
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got the
call about Dad.
James
And maybe the last for another few weeks?
I've only been into the office once since March!  No, I've been off work
completely since the day before Dad died in late Sep - sorry thought I'd
mentioned on here, lost him and Mum in 12 days in the autumn.  That's why I've
been a bit quiet.  Been a bit all over the place really.  Still so much to do,
house in Glamorgan so haven't been able to visit to start clearing - when we're
in a usable tier they aren't and vice versa - haven't even collected the ashes yet.
So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not surprising you
are knocked for six. All that stuff takes time even when you can do it, must be
dreadful not knowing when you will be able to sort things. I can imagine what
you are going through, considerably worse than we had back in 2008 when my
mother-in-law died, then my father. And they were at least in the same town.
--
kat
^..^<
James Heaton
2021-01-06 20:40:37 UTC
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
Post by James Heaton
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
[...]
Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough. Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd been
ill for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.

James
kat
2021-01-07 09:13:48 UTC
Post by kat
So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not surprising
you are knocked for six.  All that stuff takes time even when you can do it,
must be dreadful not knowing when you will be able to sort things. I can
imagine what you are going through, considerably worse than we had back in
2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my father. And they were at least in the
same town.
Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough.  Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd been ill
for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.
James
Are you the only child James? This all happening this past year is doubly awful.
--
kat
^..^<
James Heaton
2021-01-07 11:55:35 UTC
Post by kat
Post by James Heaton
Post by kat
So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not
surprising you are knocked for six. All that stuff takes time even when
you can do it, must be dreadful not knowing when you will be able to
sort things. I can imagine what you are going through, considerably
worse than we had back in 2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my
father. And they were at least in the same town.
Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough. Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd
been ill for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.
James
Are you the only child James? This all happening this past year is doubly awful.
Only son of an only son. Mum had a brother but they were estranged,
although we are now in limited contact. They didn't come to the funeral but
watched the video cast I arranged.

I have reconnected with some of her cousins that I remember from my
childhood - quite a shock that they are at retirement age, and their
children who I remember as toddlers are qualified teachers and one is a head
of year! They've sent me some photo scans - their parents had a shop in
inner city Liverpool, whereas Mum grew up on Deeside, so they spent a lot of
summer holidays together. You couldn't exactly shut up a newsagents for 2
wks... and Prestatyn was a 1/6 bus ride away from Flint.

So I now have more photos of my grandfather, whom I never knew, than I have
ever seen - he was camera shy, but cousin Alan was such a shutterbug he
managed to get him a few times! They've also sent me scans of colour photos
of my parents wedding - original colour not colourised - must have been a
significant expense for a trainee teacher in 1971 - but they are the only
colour photos of the wedding I've ever seen. Only 3 taken outside the
reception venue - Mum, Dad, her brother and parents in one, just Mum and Dad
in the 2nd, and the decorated car (Austin Farina) in the 3rd.

James
kat
2021-01-07 21:48:29 UTC
Post by kat
So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not surprising
you are knocked for six.  All that stuff takes time even when you can do it,
must be dreadful not knowing when you will be able to sort things. I can
imagine what you are going through, considerably worse than we had back in
2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my father. And they were at least in
the same town.
Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough.  Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd been
ill for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.
James
Are you the only child James?  This all happening this past year is doubly awful.
Only son of an only son.  Mum had a brother but they were estranged, although we
are now in limited contact.  They didn't come to the funeral but watched the
video cast I arranged.
All down to you - it's hard isn't it. I am an only as well, my mum had a
sister, and they were close enough when they could be but miles apart. Dad had
a lot of siblings, most predeceased him.
I have reconnected with some of her cousins that I remember from my childhood -
quite a shock that they are at retirement age, and their children who I remember
as toddlers are qualified teachers and one is a head of year!  They've sent me
some photo scans - their parents had a shop in inner city Liverpool, whereas Mum
grew up on Deeside, so they spent a lot of summer holidays together.  You
couldn't exactly shut up a newsagents for 2 wks...  and Prestatyn was a 1/6 bus
ride away from Flint.
Lovely to get these old pictures isn't it.
So I now have more photos of my grandfather, whom I never knew, than I have ever
seen - he was camera shy, but cousin Alan was such a shutterbug he managed to
get him a few times!  They've also sent me scans of colour photos of my parents
wedding - original colour not colourised - must have been a significant expense
for a trainee teacher in 1971 - but they are the only colour photos of the
wedding I've ever seen.  Only 3 taken outside the reception venue - Mum, Dad,
her brother and parents in one, just Mum and Dad in the 2nd, and the decorated
car (Austin Farina) in the 3rd.
I never knew 3 of my grandparents, dead before I was born, have but one photo
of my dad's dad. An aged snap or two of his mum taken when I was very small and
she visited us in Dundee. More of my mum's parents, they had official photos
taken at some point and grand dad had a camera too. But not many.
As for colour photos in 1971 - I got married in 1972. We had a very nice
photographer who developed his own black and white photos but sent colour ones
away and he didn't guarantee what the colour would look like - or would last.
"Get your guests to take some" he said. And we did, used my camera, but
someone had a better one and my dad took some slides.

It was certainly true that some colour printing was quite dodgy at the time. I
have prints from back them which are still good and others, though not of the
wedding, that are dire.

How lovely to get those pictures now.
--
kat